So I finally managed to set up and work /A for a couple of days. The setup failed really as the house we were in had very thick stone walls and no opening windows so the antenna was literally a bit of wire diagonally up from an un-un on the floor, around the back of a sash window cord and across to a picture. But I managed 4 FT8 QSOs, one on 24MHz and three on 21MHz. Better than nothing, and time to learn better about portable compromise antennas. I could have set up in the garden but it was mostly raining and I didn’t bring any batteries.
2m 4m 5MHz 14MHz 23cm 50MHz 70MHz Aerials allstar allstarlink alternate address antennas ARISS ATV creed 75 datv Digital EchoLink ELF FT8 ft450d ft817 ft818 Intermediate licence ISS JT9 JT65 langstone LF microwaves portable Portsdown QO100 QRM QSL Rigs rtty satellites signalink spectrum analyser SSTV teleprinter windows 10 Winterhill zigbee